Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1



Brad has asked me to start a blog for his mission. I thought it might be a fun way to get both perspectives. So I will be posting his letters and emails as well as writing some of my thoughts as a mom of a missionary. So here goes....

Today we took Brad to the Mission Training Center. It is an interesting thought that here he is on the edge of an adventure in the place that he has spent his whole life.

I wish I could say that we had a picture perfect send off. It was anything but... We ran a few errands this morning getting some of those last minute..uh mom I think I need things.

Then we went with the family to Magelby Fresh to have their yummy french toast. We than came home to pack those last minute things.



Brad was ready to just go and it seemed like the clock just would not move. So we took some pictures and finally it was time to go.

We all piled into my Minivan---Dad, Mom, Brad, Carson, Portia, Abby and Kelsey.

We drove out of our familiar streets and went across town to the MTC. When we were about three blocks away my car start smoking. Rich opened the window and decided it was radiator fluid.

The closer we got the worse it got. We pulled into the MTC and was greeted by an adorable host. He was trying to make conversation with us and we were all stressing about the smoke coming from the engine of my car. He directed us to the curb where we were to drop off our 19 year old and send him out into the world for 2 years. I thought I was fine until I hugged by little boy. Then the crying started and Portia was crying and Carson was crying. We were stressing about our car and getting him off for this life experience. So many concerns..... will he be okay, will he get along with his companion, will he struggle with the language, will we be able to pay for his expenses, how will we live without seeing him for two years???????? So many questions and no answers at this point.

Oh and the car.... a giant hole in the radiator. Well.... here come the blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Laurie . . . thanks for sharing! Looking forward to following Brad's adventures over the next two years. I sure love that kid!

    Please let us know if we can help with anything re: the car, etc.

    Robert & DarLeana

    ReplyDelete